201 East 15th Street
Building Open to Students
Student Instructional Day
9:00 am to 3:35 pm
Spring Hill Elementary School (SHES) houses students in preschool through fifth grade and has approximately 250 students.
SHES staff of dedicated teachers and paraprofessionals demonstrates a unified philosophy of teaching and learning. School and family activities are held each year to promote the partnership of school, parents, and community.
Spring Hill Elementary creates and educational environment where students, staff, parents and community unite to challenge and prepare lifelong learners to become productive members of our community.
- 17 percent increase in English/Language Arts ISTEP+ test scores over the past three years
- 5 percent increase in Math ISTEP+ test scores over the past three years
- Distinguished Title I school
- Continuous growth on IREAD3
- Nationally recognized Reading Counts® Program
- Variety of extracurricular activities: Student Postal Workers, Newspaper Carriers, Student Council
- Array of clubs: Academic, Art, Homework, Kindness, Science, Intramural and Competitive Sports
♦We believe in mutual respect throughout our school
♦We believe a positive attitude will encourage a strong work ethic and a supportive school climate.
♦We believe a professional learning community will enhance our collaborative culture, provide a focus on school achievement and learning by all.
♦We believe all staff members and students will have high expectations for themselves and one another.
♦We believe all students can learn in a variety of ways and at different rates based on their individuality.
♦We believe all students must be challenged and give opportunities to develop and expand their knowledge.
♦We believe all students need strategies to help them grow academically, socially, and emotionally.