Routines make life smoother for everyone in the family. Following routines will build good habits that can last through your child’s school career.
Before school, have your child:
- Wake up at the same time each day.
- Make his/her bed.
- Get dressed and brush their teeth.
- Eat breakfast.
After school, have your child:
- Empty his/her back-pack and show you important papers.
- Unwind and eat a healthy snack.
- Read for 15 minutes.
- Complete home-work.
- Play outdoors and limit television and computer viewing.
Before bed, help your child:
- Put his/her packed backpack near the door.
- Make her lunch if needed. Put it in the refrigerator.
- Choose clothes for tomorrow.
- Take a bath, brush teeth and put on pajamas.
- Read a story be-fore bedtime.
Remember daily routines can foster a successful school year!
Source: 2011,The Parent Institute